Saturday, March 27, 2010

Out like a Lion

The end of March approacheth. I don't recall it coming in like a lion so I take it that means it won't go out like a lamb. Either way, neither the lion or the lamb seemed to give me any inspiration this month because I am still not where I need to be on finishing my screenplay. The first contest date is coming up fast, and I suppose if I quickly slapped something together I could still make it. Just not my style. I'm not particularly upset about it because I'm planning on entering two in the Austin and maybe one or two somewhere else so that will be plenty drain on the checking account.

I've been inexcusably lazy on the writing this month. I could have definitely done more, and that's why I'm here. I need to get warmed up and going again. This is my place to warm my hands by the fire so they're limbered up enough to turn around and punch somebody in the mouth. I will make this month go out like a lion.

There are actual lambs that live up the road from me. A whole field full of them. They belong to a cranky old guy who actually put up a can on the fence one spring with a sign telling people that if they want to stop and look at his cute lambs, they should contribute to their support. All these years, there have been those sheep and little lambs. You get used to driving by there, glancing over at the playful, fluffy lambs kicking up their heels. Yesterday, I drove by and there amongst them ... was a cow. Now what is he doing?

No comments: