Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Scene Two

Got another job offer today. And here's the funny part - are you ready for this? - just get ready cause it's really funny - it's at the same place I used to work two years ago. HAHAHAHAHA! Isn't that hilarious! Hmmm, you don't seem to be finding this as ironic as I do. Anyway, I should clarify, it's not really the same company. It's the company who bought the building after the company I worked for shut down. Several of my former coworkers are now there, and one of them contacted me about this job. So I'm happy, grateful, looking forward with hope, but also a little jumpy, disturbed, and gun shy. Why? I was treated so horribly by the last employer (see earlier posts) that unfortunately they have now colored my whole career world and it ain't a pretty color. I have been repeatedly assured by friends working at this new place, though, that it's a great place. So I'm feeling better, coming out of the blahs and depressions.

I've been able to get some revision done this week by basically forcing myself to get in there and do it. I've been so down, and I just kept telling myself I had to pull out of it, do something proactive. It's funny how once I actually get myself to stop and write, I fall right out of my world and into theirs.

No comments: