Saturday, February 21, 2009

The end ... already

I lost the job. It's the first time in my life I have ever been let go. I have always been considered an exemplary employee and a fast learner, but these people tell me they were looking for a "natural" and they just think my training would take more time than they have. The funny thing is, they only asked one person's opinion of how I was doing, and this person had been telling me in just the last couple days that I was ahead of the game, even overlearning because I was studying the books at home on my own time, but apparently when she was questioned about me, it was a different story. Oh well. There's more to this story, more shades to the drama and twists and turns, but I won't bore you, and I'm not the type to talk negatively about former employers. It'll get you nowhere.

So it's back to job hunting. I've already contacted a company that had called me for an interview a couple days ago. I really hesitated when they called and considered taking the interview because I was wondering if where I was working was the best place to be. But I decided to stick with it, silly me. Anyway, I called that company back and was able to still get in for an interview. I think it will be a much more stable place, state job and all.

My writing has been on hold the last couple weeks while I was getting into this new job. I suppose I will now have some time to get back after it, huh? That's the thing you know - your first love will always be there.

No comments: