Friday, February 6, 2009

Working girl

No, I did not get a job as a prostitute. I have often envied the money that some prostitutes and nude dancers make, but I'm probably past my prime for that kind of work anyway.

I did get a job. And it's a bit of a strange one, which makes me happy. I always meet these people with the weird-ass jobs that sound just crazy enough to be fun, and now I'm one of those people. There's a lot to learn, but I'm looking forward to it, and it's good pay. So now at least I have a day job to not quit while I'm writing.

I still need to get on those final revisions for screenplay #1 because I want to get it sent off to Scriptshark sometime reasonably soon. And I want to finish #3 and send it to Austin Film Festival. For some reason I have been procrastinating on finishing up those revisions. Maybe by typing that sentence out, it will spur me to stop being so damn lazy and get it done. I'm not alone on putting off revisions, right? Somebody chime in here.

So in summary: very happy with the new job, think it's going to be a good one, need to revise and get #1 sent off. How is the job-searching going for everybody else? Don't lose faith, me lovelies. I had my days of absolutely bursting into tears, but it will all work out. I'll fill you in on the new vocation more later and let you know what I'm seeing out there. It's been something.

No comments: