Friday, June 13, 2008

Another day, another ... oh wait, I don't have a job.

I keep thinking I need to set up some kind of strict schedule for myself so that I don't spend my days wandering aimlessly, trying to think of something to do so that I won't feel guilty for not writing like 12 hours a day. How many hours should I write? I don't know. I remember reading that Stephen King writes like 4 hours a day. Is he the one to emulate? Would he mind if I called and asked?

And another question, do I or do I not have a shred of hope whatsoever given the fact that I don't live in LA? I read some articles that say 'sure you do', and some that say, 'what are you, nuts?' I don't understand why it should make such a difference. Why in the hell would anyone out there need to meet me? I keep reading all this stuff that you have to be able to 'sell yourself' and present yourself as all pumped up about your story and jumping up and down on the table causing the water carafe to vibrate so that the suits will get in on the excitement! If I've gotten as far as a meeting with them, that would mean they've read it, right? I would hope so. So what difference does my fucking personality make to them? They like the story? Ok then, just buy it. I'm not asking you to let me hang out at your house for the year or however it long it takes to get the movie made. You're not going to have to see me at all. You have my story. THAT was what I had to offer you. And unless you're Quentin or, again, Stephen King (he's coming up a lot today), appearances shouldn't matter either. I don't ask for a starring part or even a cameo. Although that would be cool.

If you read my last post, you saw that I was complaining about the tests that wannabe teachers have to take. Got another one of those lovelies to take tomorrow. I'm not really worried about it. So far, I've blown all the others out of the water.

BTW, it did seem like posting yesterday helped to get me going on the writing. I wrote about 4 pages last night and was pretty happy with how they turned out. Weird thing, I seem to want to write more at night than during the day. Vampire writer. I keep the fangs filed back, though, cause they're just uncomfortable, and I cut the nails, cause as you other writers know, you don't want them going clickety-clickety on the keyboard.

One last parting thought for you which has nothing to do with anything else. I got home yesterday and my cat had thrown up a partially-digested lizard. See ya!

No comments: