Tuesday, June 17, 2008

blehhhhhh

I'm in a bit of a funk today and need to get myself out of it. I guess it's partly due to the fact that I didn't get to sleep until about 3:30 this morning. The sleepy part of my brain just would not kick in. So I woke up (about 8:30) feeling like crap, and I pretty much still feel like crap. I went for a walk to try to get to feeling better, but it seemed to have no effect.

I'm answering all kinds of ads hoping to get somebody interested in my writing. I did get a response from one who requested to see my second screenplay. So that made me feel a little better. Seems like I'll be deflating, and then out of the blue, something like that will come along and perk me up. I sound like I need to be on anti-depressants.

So back to my last posting. I was saying that I didn't understand why anyone in the industry would need to meet me. Well, of course I got in the shower not long after that and answered my own question (I do some good thinking in the shower and in bed. Probably part of the reason I can't sleep. And never come out of the shower quite clean.) If I expect to have any hope of assignments, they will need to like me. I feel like I should talk more about this, but my brain is just so sluggish today, whatever I said would just sound like incoherent mumbling in written form.

I joined a discussion group which has been interesting. They seem like a nice group of talented people with some of them having several books, produced screenplays, etc under their belts. It's funny how they will be rolling along and everything's fine and then all of a sudden WWIII breaks out. The first time this happened was like a couple days or so after I joined, and I was thinking, "Holy shit, did I say something?" But it turns out it wasn't me, and there have even been a couple more blowups since that one. What a world.

No comments: